Grouse Mountain is in North Vancouver just across the Vancouver Harbour. From downtown Vancouver, I can point out it’s peak where if you look closely you can see the radio tower.
To get to the peak of Grouse Mountain, you can be adventurous and hike up OR you can be brave and take the gondola up. Personally, I’m not scared of heights but being in that gondola, going up that steep mountain side, packed with people (no belts, and no handrail -if you are stuck somewhere in the middle of the enclosure) made my heart just go a little faster than normal.
Once up there, there is SO much you can do! This is just a list of what I did during my visit but there’s a lot more.
1. Check out the amazing view of the mountains. The mountains are so beautiful and such a treat to look at because it is a different landscape from Toronto.
2. Live Shows: Birds in Motion and the Lumberjack show
3. Visit the 2 Grizzly Bears. They were rescued and raised in the sanctuary. If you are lucky they might come out and play
4. Eat a Beaver Tail. For a little treat, grab a sweet and warm Beaver Tail. Don’t let the name fool you, it’s a must-have pastry!
5. Sit back, relax and enjoy that fresh air